For all contracts starting 1 July 2023: Within two weeks after the end of contract. The reimbursement of the deposit will take place utmost within two weeks after the end of contract, as long the following has been met:
- All the necessary documents and keys were presented at or before the end date of your contract.
- You have confirmed your bank account number. If you have not yet responded to the email requesting your confirmation to which IBAN bank account the funds need to be transferred to, we urge you to do so as soon as possible by replying to this message and mentioning the bank name, account holder, IBAN bank account number and the BIC/SWIFT of your bank.
- We have received a proof of de-registration or registration elsewhere. (does not apply for short stays)
- There are no unpaid invoices.
- There are no outstanding legal issues.
If any of the above issues arise, your deposit will be returned within 4 weeks. The reimbursement amount in debit or credit will be recalculated with your deposit. You will receive an credit invoice regarding the reimbursement of the deposit.
Don't forget to confirm the bank account of which the reimbursement of your deposit should take place.
FYI: Please note that the deposit is always held by the landlord. We can facilitate the deposit reimbursement in coordination with the landlord. We act as intermediaries and do not make final decisions. In some cases, we process the reimbursement on behalf of the landlord, while in other cases, the landlord handles it directly. This varies depending on the landlord.